Oliver is (as of September 2019) a Visiting Associate Arts Professor in the Interactive Media Arts Program at NYU Shanghai.
Formerly, he worked in the software industry at Apple, Nest, AOL, and a boatload of tech startups.
Oliver also advises early-stage mobile, IoT, and EdTech companies on software development, technical operations, and product strategy.
- A. Mucignat, O. Steele, S. Supramaniam, O. B.Hardison, and R. J. Schultz III, “Methods and Systems for Data Interchange Between a Network-Connected Thermostat and Cloud-Based Management Server,” U.S. Patent 9,098,279, filed July 17, 2011.
- C. J. Minsky, O. Steele, and M. D. R. Minsky, “System for Segmentation by Product Category of Product Images Within a Shopping Cart,” U.S. Patent 8,117,089, filed Feb 13, 2008.
- A. G. Wolff, D. T. Temkin, O. Steele, P. T. Withington, and H. B. Minsky, “Evaluating Expressions in a Software Environment,” U.S. Patent 7,340,724, filed Aug 15, 2003.
- M. D. Carlson, O. Steele, and A. G. Wolff, “Application Data Binding,” U.S. Patent 7,873,668, filed Aug 15, 2003.
- M. Minsky, O.-Y. Ming, O. Steele, F. P. Brooks Jr., and M. Behensky, “Feeling and Seeing: Issues in Force Display,” SIGGRAPH Computer Graphics, vol. 24, no. 2, pp. 235–241, Feb. 1990.